WHOA. Earlier than we get into all of the adjectives and descriptives about this salad, let me simply say… YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS! Fully and completely obsessed is solely an understatement.
I shared this salad a few years again and simply needed to deliver it out once more. This salad was impressed by certainly one of my go-to take out spots in Chicago and their fabulous kale salad. I merely can’t get sufficient. It’s made with essentially the most ridiculously good garlic tahini dressing, plus there are roasted candy potatoes, crunchy wasabi peas (or you possibly can sub roasted chickpeas!), candy cranberries, creamy avocado and my particular contact: candy and spicy toasted pistachios.
Now, doesn’t this candy potato kale salad simply sound fabulous? Properly, belief your woman and make this salad. I crave it on a regular basis. It’s good with a hearty protein like rooster or salmon, or beautiful by itself. Bonus: it’s scrumptious even after a couple of days within the fridge! Can’t wait to listen to what you assume.
What you’ll have to make this candy potato kale salad
Get able to fall in love with the textures and flavors on this vegan kale candy potato salad. From the creamy dressing to the tender candy potatoes and crunch from pistachios, each chew will get higher than the following. Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- For the dressing: we’re making a easy maple tahini dressing with tahini, garlic powder, lemon juice, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt & pepper.
- For the salad base: you’ll want a big candy potato & olive oil for roasting, plus a bunch of kale. We choose to make use of Tuscan kale on this recipe!
- For the pistachios: I like including some taste to those pistachios by toasting them with maple syrup, cayenne pepper and a little bit of sea salt.
- Additional toppings: end it off with dried cranberries, avocado and yummy wasabi peas for additional crunch.
Customise your salad
This roasted candy potato kale salad is of course vegan, gluten free & grain free and paleo pleasant, but it surely’s straightforward to customise with different veggies or pantry staples you may need available, too. Right here’s what I can counsel:
- Combine up the produce: be happy to make use of butternut squash rather than the candy potato.
- Attempt a brand new dressing: if you happen to don’t have tahini, attempt my feta yogurt dressing and even my greek yogurt ranch. However belief me the tahini dressing is a GAME changer.
- Add a brand new sweetness: chopped dates, raisins, dried cherries and even apple slices are the right swap for the cranberries.
- Swap the crunch: out of pistachios and/or wasabi peas? Make candy & spicy cashews as a substitute, and take a look at roasted salted chickpeas!
- Make it paleo: be happy to omit the wasabi peas, too, to maintain the salad paleo.
In search of extra protein?
Be happy so as to add your favourite meat or plant-based proteins to make this candy potato and kale salad a heartier meal! It might be scrumptious with:
Ideas for making salads with kale
As a result of kale is extra dense and durable than, say, spinach leaves, you need to deal with it a bit in a different way.
- You’ll want to chop it very finely in order that the bites aren’t too massive.
- Add the dressing to the kale by itself first and toss all of it collectively very well. You possibly can even do that along with your fingers and “therapeutic massage” the dressing in in order that the entire kale is effectively coated.
- Let it marinate! That’s proper, you’ll need to let the dressed kale sit for no less than quarter-hour earlier than including the opposite toppings in order that it soaks up the entire taste. It makes all of the distinction.
How you can make this candy potato kale salad
- Roast your candy potatoes. Drizzle the cubed candy potato with a bit olive oil and roast it up.
- Make the dressing. Whereas the candy potato is roasting you possibly can whisk collectively the entire substances for the tahini dressing.
- Therapeutic massage the kale. Add the dressing to your kale and toss all of it collectively effectively with my ideas above!
- Add your toppings. Gently toss in the remainder of the substances besides the pistachios.
- Boost these pistachios. Lastly, you’ll toast the pistachios with the maple syrup, cayenne & sea salt till aromatic, let the cool, and add them with the remainder of the salad.
Make this candy potato kale salad forward of time
In case you’re trying to meal prep this salad or serve it at a later date, be happy to cut your kale, roast the candy potato, combine up your dressing, and even make these pistachios forward of time! The kale, dressing, and candy potato cubes may be stored within the fridge whereas every little thing else may be stored at room temp till able to toss collectively and serve.
That being stated, the salad will also be tossed collectively forward of time too if you happen to choose to do that; it’s nice even a couple of days later! I like to recommend simply leaving out the avocado till able to serve.
This straightforward candy potato kale salad will maintain effectively for about 3-4 days in an airtight glass container within the fridge.
Extra salad recipes you’ll love
I hope you like this straightforward California roasted candy potato kale salad recipe! In case you make it be sure you depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
California Roasted Candy Potato Kale Salad
Attractive California roasted candy potato kale salad with dried cranberries, avocado, candy & spicy pistachios and a creamy tahini dressing. This vegan candy potato kale salad is bursting with taste and simple to customise with extra protein! The right veggie-packed lunch or dinner through the week.
- For the dressing:
freshly squeezed lemon juice
pure maple syrup
salt, plus extra to style
- Plenty of freshly floor black pepper
heat water, to skinny the dressing
- For the salad:
medium to massive candy potato, lower into ½ inch cubes (or 2 cups cubed candy potato)
bunch of Tuscan kale, stems eliminated and really finely chopped (or 8-10 cups chopped kale)
avocado, sliced or diced
wasabi peas* (or roasted salted chickpeas), for crunch
- For the candy and spicy pistachios:
shelled roasted pistachios
pure maple syrup
- Sprinkle of sea salt
Preheat your oven to 375 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Add cubed candy potatoes onto the pan and drizzle with olive oil; toss effectively to coat the candy potatoes in oil. Bake for 25-Half-hour or till tender, flipping midway by means of.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the substances for the dressing: tahini, garlic powder, contemporary lemon juice, pure maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and water. I like to start out with 2 tablespoons of water, however you might want 3 complete tablespoons to realize a creamy dressing that’s simply pourable. You’ll need to have the ability to coat the entire kale properly so a thinner dressing is best. Set dressing apart.
Add the finely chopped kale to a big bowl and pour the dressing over. Use a tongs to coat the kale with the dressing; you REALLY need to get it combined effectively so toss collectively for a couple of minutes to assist breakdown the kale. Permit the dressing to sit down with the kale for quarter-hour or longer to assist the kale marinate with the dressing. Add in your roasted candy potato cubes, cranberries, avocado and wasabi peas or roasted chickpeas. Give the salad a delicate toss to mix.
Lastly make your candy and spicy pistachios: place pistachio in a skillet over medium warmth. Toast nutes for 4-6 minutes, stirring ceaselessly till they flip simply barely golden then flip off warmth and instantly add in maple syrup, cayenne pepper and sea salt. Stir for 15 extra seconds to coat pistachios, then switch to a chunk of parchment paper to chill for a couple of minutes. Pistachios might stick collectively so attempt to unfold them in an excellent layer when they’re cooling. Barely chop as soon as they’re a bit cool and place them on the salad. Take pleasure in! Salad retains effectively for 3-4 days. Serves 4-6
Be happy to make this salad heartier by including chopped rooster breast or chopped bacon. Or each!
For a vegetarian hearty salad possibility, be happy so as to add in 1 cup cooked quinoa.
To make paleo: merely omit the wasabi peas.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (primarily based on 6)
Saturated fats: 2.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially printed on January twenty sixth, 2021, and republished on March fifteenth, 2023.