This mushroom gravy recipe will take your mashed potatoes to a complete new stage! It is vegan, however even meat lovers will fall for its wealthy, savory taste.
I’ve had a mushroom gravy recipe on my listing to make for years. After attempting this one, all I can assume is, “What took me so lengthy?!” This mushroom gravy is wealthy, velvety, and full of savory taste. It’s completely vegan, however it’ll give any gravy made with meat or butter a run for its cash. Each time I make it, I at all times eat a number of spoonfuls straight from the pan. It’s that good! Pour it over mashed potatoes as soon as, and also you’ll by no means wish to eat them another method.
Vegan Mushroom Gravy Recipe Components
This mushroom gravy recipe comes along with a handful of fundamental substances:
- Mushrooms, after all! They add hearty texture and umami taste to this mushroom gravy recipe.
- Shallot and garlic – For sharp, savory depth of taste.
- Tamari or soy sauce – In the event you’ve made my veggie burger or sautéed mushrooms, you realize that I like cooking mushrooms with tamari. It actually highlights their wealthy, savory taste. Soy sauce will work right here too, however be certain to make use of tamari if you happen to want this gravy to be gluten-free.
- Rosemary and thyme – These herbs take this vegan mushroom gravy excessive! Their recent, fragrant flavors make it cozy and complicated.
- All-purpose flour – It makes the gravy good and thick. (See the recipe under for a gluten-free choice.)
- Vegetable inventory – It provides the gravy physique.
- Further-virgin olive oil – For richness.
- And sea salt and recent black pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
This mushroom gravy reheats completely, so be happy to arrange it a day or two upfront. It thickens because it sits, so that you’ll doubtless must stir in an additional splash of water or broth once you heat it up. Add slightly at a time till the gravy reaches your required consistency. Season with salt and pepper to style, and luxuriate in!
Mushroom Gravy Serving Recommendations
This mushroom gravy could be a scrumptious addition to a Thanksgiving or vacation dinner. I adore it with basic aspect dishes like stuffing and roasted Brussels sprouts, however like all good gravy recipe, it’s finest with mashed potatoes. Spoon it over my conventional roasted garlic mashed potatoes, or strive an out-of-the-box mash as a substitute. This vegan mushroom gravy could be an ideal topping for my mashed cauliflower or parsnip puree.
When you have any leftovers, stir some cooked white beans into the gravy, pour it over creamy mashed cauliflower, and luxuriate in it as a meal by itself! Actually, I like this mix a lot that I make it for dinner all through the autumn and winter. Served with do-it-yourself focaccia or crusty bread, it’s satisfying, wholesome, and comforting.
Extra Favourite Vacation Recipes
In the event you love this recipe, strive certainly one of these vacation aspect dishes subsequent:
And for extra tasty vegan recipes, take a look at this publish!
Forestall your display from going darkish
Warmth the olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the shallot and cook dinner till tender, about 4 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and cook dinner till tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir within the tamari, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir for 1 minute.
Add the broth and simmer till thickened, whisking usually, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to style.
Make this recipe gluten free: Omit the flour in step 2. On the finish of step 3, spoon a number of tablespoons of the liquid right into a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch and stir till clean. Pour this combination again into the pan and stir till the gravy thickens.