By this level, you possibly can just about name me the zucchini queenie.
Or zucchini wizard. Trigger we’re about to get all Harry Potter up in right here.
I first shared this crustless, wholesome zucchini pie about 4 years after it was truly the *bonus* recipe for a earlier Zucchini Week. It was so good that I knew it needed to have a everlasting house on the weblog. We critically make a model of this recipe time and again this time of yr as a result of veggies are SO recent and delightful and there are a whole lot of various methods to customise this pie!
This beautiful, savory pie has bites of candy corn and juicy tomato that I really like, plus tender bell pepper, savory mushrooms, and naturally, loads of zucchini to prime it off. I added cheddar cheese for that melty goodness, too, however you possibly can actually use your favourite cheese right here. I included tons of the way to make it your personal all through the publish, plus straightforward ideas for freezing it (AKA it’s good for meal prep).
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-Ebook
Enroll under and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
Welcome to the AK Summer season Collection
For the remainder of the summer season, we’ll be dedicating every week to pick summer season produce! Week 4 is HERE and we’re celebrating lovely zucchini beginning with this savory zucchini pie recipe. Keep tuned on the weblog and on Instagram for every week’s produce spotlight, enjoyable movies, and extra.
Crustless zucchini pie substances
This scrumptious vegetarian zucchini pie is made with recent, easy substances that you just in all probability have both in your backyard or in your fridge. It’s similar to a quiche however made with none kind of crust, which means it’s mild, gluten free, filled with protein and ALL the veggies your coronary heart can dream of. Listed below are the primary substances you’ll want:
- Inexperienced onion (or sub common onion)
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Crimson bell pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Recent basil
- Coconut flour (or common flour)
Customise your wholesome zucchini pie
Principally, any method you make this zucchini pie it’s going to be completely scrumptious and excellent for any meal of the day. Listed below are some straightforward methods to make it your personal:
- Select your veggies: be happy to make use of any veggies you could have accessible to you! We additionally love spinach, kale, and chopped broccoli.
- Strive a enjoyable cheese: check out feta, pepper jack, spicy cheese, and even parmesan. YUM.
- Add a lift of protein: this zucchini pie can be scrumptious along with your favourite breakfast meats like ham, bacon, or crumbled sausage.
Can I add a crust?
Positive! Be happy to strive my candy potato crust from this recipe, or perhaps a conventional, buttery, flakey pie crust like this one. In case you have a go-to recipe, merely pour the zucchini pie combination into the crust and bake it up.
Tips on how to make crustless zucchini pie
- Prep your pan. Begin by greasing a 9 inch deep dish pie pan or springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook dinner many of the veggies. Cook dinner all these veggies apart from the zucchini with olive oil, salt, and pepper till the mushrooms being to melt. Set them apart.
- Make the egg combination. Whisk collectively the eggs, milk, flour, basil, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and somewhat salt & pepper.
- Assemble the pie. Pour the veggies into your pie pan (together with the zucchini!) and unfold them out. Then pour the egg combination over, prime with extra cheese & bake.
- Cool, slice & get pleasure from! The zucchini pie can be finished when the egg puffs up and turns into barely golden. Let it cool, then slice and revel in along with your fav sides!
Tips on how to retailer, freeze & reheat this zucchini pie
You may retailer this crustless zucchini pie both within the fridge for 3-5 days, or within the freezer for as much as 2-3 months.
- To refrigerate: to refrigerate your entire zucchini pie, merely cool it utterly, cowl it with tin foil, and retailer it in your fridge for as much as 3-5 days. Whenever you’re able to reheat it, place your entire zucchini pie within the oven at 350 levels for 15-20 minutes. Remember to cowl your entire zucchini pie with tin foil to keep away from any burning within the oven. Alternatively, you possibly can reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute till heated by means of.
- To freeze slices: cowl the slices in plastic wrap and tinfoil, after which place them into hermetic containers or ziploc luggage within the freezer. To reheat: unwrap your frozen slice and place it on a microwave protected dish at 30-second intervals for about 1 minute till heated by means of.
- To freeze the entire pie: ensure it cools utterly, then wrap in plastic wrap and canopy tightly with tinfoil. Whenever you wish to reheat, thaw out a bit, then place within the oven for 20-Half-hour at 350 levels F till it’s heated by means of.
What to serve with crustless zucchini pie
Typically instances I’ll get pleasure from a slice of this zucchini pie with sizzling sauce drizzled over it and a aspect of avocado toast or my zucchini pancakes (as a result of double the zucchini, double the enjoyable) however you possibly can be happy to serve with something you’d like. Listed below are some solutions:
Extra zucchini recipes you’ll love
Get all of my zucchini recipes right here!
I hope you get pleasure from this summer season backyard crustless zucchini pie! See you again right here tomorrow for an additional scrumptious recipe that includes zucchini! xo!
Summer season Backyard Crustless Zucchini Pie
Straightforward low carb crustless zucchini pie filled with a rainbow of summer season greens. This wholesome zucchini pie recipe is filled with protein and simple to customise with tons of various add-ins. It is freezer-friendly and excellent for breakfast or brunch!
- Cooking spray
- ½ tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch inexperienced onions, diced (reserve some inexperienced scallions for topping)
- 1 cup sliced child bella mushrooms
- ¾ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small pink bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup candy corn, recent or frozen
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- Freshly floor salt and black pepper
- 6 massive eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 tablespoons sifted coconut flour (or sub 1/4 cup common flour)
- 3-5 massive basil leaves, julienned
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie pan (or a 9 inch springform pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
Add olive oil to a big skillet and place over medium excessive warmth. As soon as sizzling, add garlic, inexperienced onions and sauté till aromatic. Then add in mushrooms, tomatoes, pink bell pepper and corn; season with somewhat salt and pepper and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes till the mushrooms start to melt. (We’re not cooking the zucchini!) Take away veggies from warmth and put aside.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively eggs, almond milk, flour, basil, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and somewhat salt & pepper.
Add the entire veggies (together with the zucchini) to the greased pie pan and unfold out evenly. Subsequent pour your egg combination excessive of the veggies. Sprinkle the highest with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 35-50 minutes or till egg units, puffs up, and turns into barely golden. Take away from warmth and permit to chill for 10 minutes earlier than slicing into 6 slices. Enable pie to utterly cool earlier than protecting and storing within the fridge.
To freeze particular person slices: cowl them in plastic wrap and tinfoil, after which place them into hermetic containers or ziploc luggage within the freezer. To reheat: unwrap your frozen slice and place on a microwave protected dish at 30-second intervals for about 1 minute till heated by means of.
See the total publish for extra methods to customise and what to serve with this zucchini pie.
Serving: 1sliceEnergy: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 7.8gProtein: 11.4gFats: 11.4gSaturated Fats: 5.2gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 1.4g
This publish was initially printed on August 4th, 2019, republished on August twenty fifth, 2022, and republished with new photographs on July thirtieth, 2023.